Our arugula blueberry salad is so delicious and easy to make. We serve this beautiful summer salad with a super tasty coconut poppyseed dressing. Ready to eat in just 10 minutes.
Always searching for salad combos
For those of you who are new to Hell Yes It’s Vegan, it’s important to know that my love for cataloging and sharing my recipes come from my passion for salads. I get it, “salad passion” sounds really stupid, but it’s true! Before I launched this site, I created a database via Airtable to track and share my favorite salad combinations.
I am always looking for new ideas when it comes to salad. If you have an idea for me, please reach out! I would love to hear about your favorite ingredients, tips, tricks and more. I can talk about salad for literally hours.
If you love this salad and are interested in checking out some of my other favorites, I recommend looking into
- Vegan Caesar salad
- Gochujang tofu salad
- Warm mushroom salad
- Roasted sweet potato salad
- Southwest avocado salad
Like I said… I really really love salad!
What ingredients are in arugula blueberry salad?
There are two components to this recipe: the salad and the dressing. For the salad, you’ll need a pound of arugula or another kind of leafy green. I think this specific recipe would work well with any kind of green, even lacinato kale (just don’t forget to massage it!). I’ve also made this recipe with spring mix and it turned out great.
In addition to greens, you’ll need blueberries, large coconut flakes, sliced almonds, scallions, and hemp hearts. No cooking or baking required for this specific salad, thankfully! Just toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing and you’re good to go.
For the dressing, you’ll need a can of light coconut milk, poppy seeds, champagne vinegar, and a tiny bit of agave. I’ve made the dressing with full-fat coconut milk and the texture was a little too slippery for my liking. Using lite coconut milk solves this issue!
How to make arugula blueberry salad
Making arugula blueberry salad is incredibly easy. Step one: throw all the salad ingredients into a bowl. Next, add all of the dressing ingredients into a mason jar, close the lid, and shake until combined. Lastly, pour the dressing all over the salad and dig in. You can’t get much simpler than that!
Ideas for adapting
Not every recipe is for everybody, but maybe it can be if you adapt it!
- Use a different kind of green: If you’re not a fan of arugula, try substituting kale, spring mix, swiss chard, spinach or butter lettuce. Maybe don’t try romaine though. I feel like that would be weird.
- Get fruity: If you’re a fruit lover, try adding different varieties! I think strawberries, blackberries, and, dried cranberries would make a great addition to arugula blueberry salad.
- Add some grains: If you’re looking for a way to make this salad a little more filling, consider adding tri-color quinoa, orzo, or farro.
What can I serve with arugula blueberry salad?
We love this delicious summer salad and while it’s designed to be the main meal, the portions can be cut for a perfect side dish. If you’re looking for a delicious main to serve with a side portion of arugula blueberry salad, I think this would be a great with
In this segment, I suggest a song for you to listen to while you make blueberry arugula salad! You can even stream it right here in your browser. Today’s recipe jam is Controversy by Prince
If you try this recipe, I want to hear about it! Feel free to post your creations to Instagram or Facebook and tag Hell Yes It’s Vegan or #hellyesitsvegan. I look forward to seeing what you make!
Arugula Blueberry Salad
Arugula Blueberry Salad
- Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add all salad dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. Pour dressing on top of salad right before serving and add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.