It’s the weekend before Thanksgiving! I can’t believe it snuck up so fast this year. I made my grocery list, went out, and spent a ton of money to prep for our annual feast. Here’s what’s on our menu this year…
-Field Roast Celebration Roast
-Mashed potatoes & gravy
-Green bean casserole
-Pumpkin and sage “sausage” ziti
-French silk pie
It’s gonna be a great year! In preparation for the big day, I will say that I’ve been trying to eat more on the healthy side which basically means salad. Salads are such an easy way to fill your body with nutrients and if you’re clever enough, you can make them protein rich and filling too!
My friend Meaghan messaged me recently telling me all about her recent obsession with dill couscous. I am a big dill person and had to give it a go! The result is very subtle, but when paired with my creamy lemon dill dressing, it tastes so delicious!
This salad is bright and colorful and can be meal prepped if you separate the marinated tofu, couscous, and almond parmesan. I recommend making the tofu along with the dressing the day before so the flavors have time to develop.
In addition to the tofu, couscous, and almond parmesan, the Mediterranean Dill Salad is packed with all sorts of delicious veggies including: hearts of palm, snacking tomatoes, kalamata olives, red bell pepper, and scallions.
I am always seeking new salad ideas, so if you have any suggestions for me to try out, please let me know in the comments! I am eager to hear your combinations.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or tag me at #hellyesitsvegan on Instagram. Cheers!
Mediterranean Dill Salad
- ½ block super firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all the marinated tofu ingredients in a small bowl. The tofu will start to develop flavor over 3-4 hours but taste best 1-3 days after marinating.
- In a small pot or saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add couscous and dill, cover and simmer on low for ~10 minutes until couscous is cooked al dente.
- Add the almond parmesan ingredients into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Prepare your salad! Add the romaine, tomatoes, scallions, red bell pepper, Kalamata olives, and hearts of palm. Then top with the couscous, tofu, creamy lemon dill dressing, and almond parmesan.